Day packs...

Based on Mr. Bills post I've started looking into getting a decent daypack again.

OK, during the winter I can get away with putting everything into my various jacket pockets (and I always choose jackets with LOTS of pockets), but that's getting old (and I'm running out of space).

I already got my eyes on a nice US Army style assault backpack with lots of MOLLE loops, to customize later on. Plus I've got my Grabit for the summer to carry bare essentials.

But that just raises another question: WHAT to put in?

I know I want to put in all the stuff I got in my jacket right now... tin of mints, business cards, PDA, phone, GPS, maybe associated chargers and cables for them, iPod, the odd bit of food that travels well, antacid pills if it doesn't, flashlight (Fenix P2D - doesn't take up much space, and if that isn't bright enough you should wait until noon), pocket knive, pocket tool of choice...

So, anybody who follows this blog: got a suggestion what else I should put in a daypack that has much more space? Just comment...

Comments