Dropbox and PortableApps - a winning team :-)

I'm currently finding more and more usefull things I can do with my Dropbox account - but so far the best use I've found is running PortableApps from it... I know, it's really meant to be used from a USB stick, but thanks to Dropbox I can keep a score of usefull applications in sync on various machines, for example I always have the same Firefox installation, with the same add-ons, on all my machines. Pidgin... installed once, and I don't have to worry about configuring all those accounts over and over again. PuTTY (my favourite Telnet- and SSH client) will remember all those hosts I saved, so I don't have to remember them all. Updating and patching is much faster too - I only need to do it ONCE.

So to me, using the cloud to sync apps between computers is a really great way to save me a lot of work :-)

BTW, if you want to sign up for Dropbox, do me a favour and use this link: https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTI0NDYyMjQ5 - that way, both of us will get free extra space...

Comments